search this blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

you know that song by Jon Mayer?



daughters by Jon Mayer

I know a girl
She puts the color inside of my world
She's just like a maze
Where all of the walls all continually change
And I've done all I can
To stand on her steps with my heart in my hands
Now I'm starting to see
Maybe it's got nothing to do with me


Fathers be good to your daughters
Daughters will love like you do
Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

I attended the Kitten Reunion over the weekend and had the opportunity to witness relationships at their best. You know...when you've been apart for weeks, months, even years and then come together and you spend that "honeymoon" period liking each other again? The kids play together for hours before they are sick of each other and the fighting starts. The adults all play catch up and eat way too many deserts and talk about the past, talk about their hopes and dreams. Yeah, they complain a bit too.

It made me miss my Mom, my Granny, my sister. Made me want to see them all right now and hug them and just be with them. In the same room. Saoking up their presence. They are in California and I'm here, in West Texas hanging out with the Kitten Family. hmmm...


good thing there's cell phones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP