Thursday, April 29, 2010
I leave tomorrow for Abilene, Texas to photograph Kathleen and Reece's wedding. Toni is shooting with me this weekend and I'm almost ready for how sore my sides will be from laughing. She's like a workout, we have so much fun. But I'm torn. My family is going in a million different directions this weekend.
- He doesn't stay out late drinking. Nope. Instead, he's crusing the aisle's at Walmart looking for cool hats and wild music.
- He drives reasonably OK and plays cool tunes while he does. Of course, I don't listen to TX Rock nor that CD Swayze, that you had in your ride, but I liked what I heard and you didn't jam it so loud that we couldn't have a conversation. Bonus points in my book! Because this girl? Yeah, waaaaaaaaay too much loud music with Devin in that red pickup so my haring is shot. SHOT I tell you.
- He loves his baby brother. He really does. He has pictures up around his room of him with Hayes and in fact, Hayes looks so much like Blane when Blane was little. I'm sure, when I'm not around, he refuses to change diapers and I did her him smack talk on Kash a time or two, but it's just for attitude so he doesn't seem like the sweet bro he really is. I can tell. He looks out for them and pitches in to help when he can.
- He's smart and does his school work. 18th in your class, right Blane? JUST WOW! I'm so impressed! That's not as easy as it seems with a Mom who's a school teacher riding your booty, but you pulled it off! I'm proud. I really am. And I've never helped you even crack a book. But just to say, "I've known Blane forever and he's smart" is cool in my book.
- He's sweet on girls. WHEW! You never know as kids grow up. They can go one way or the other, but the dude blushed when we talked about his girlfriend. Oh, golly! I can see why she likes him. Don't worry Blane, I won't divulge anything we discussed in the way of romance and woman. Because mainly, we didn't discuss it. HELLO! Too embarrassing. Not for me, of course, but for him. I let you off easy, dude. But next time? The romantic in me needs more details. Come on, I'm a wedding photographer and LIVE off romance!
- He's very respectful and polite. He really is. He's always been. I've never heard him back talk to him mom or dad. And even though I'm sure he does because HELLO, he's a teenager, he doesn't do it in front of others. And he's friendly and very welcoming every time I shove a lens in his face. Very cool in my book. :)
It's 4:30 AM and I'm typing this to let you know I'm normal. YES! I'm normal. But I was asleep and then remembered I never blogged Courtney and Bryan's wedding and HELLO! How could I forget! So, I scrambled out of bed and came in here to show everyone how wonderful my weekend was.