search this blog

Monday, September 05, 2005

Labor Day Warriors

taken outside my cabin door @ dusk

You may not have been able to reach me over the weekend, and I aplogoize for that. I didn't know we wouldn't have cell phone service, and once back home, it was too late to return calls. (I'm saving that for tomorrow, among other things.)

This weekend was the "Labor Day Warrior Weekend". Several years ago some friends, originally from Slaton, started a tradition of "going somewhere" over the extended weekend of Labor Day. Possom Kingdom, Ruidosa, Red River and the past two years, Cloudcroft, NM.
We stay together, eat together, play together, you name it. 10 couples enjoyed the high altitude and fellowship, sometimes involving cards and cash, but mostly involving 4 wheelers and fun! We don't sleep much, but it's worth if for the smores.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

sitemeter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP