search this blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

life is made up of moments

I'll get back to the brides in a sec...but first I had to talk about the "moments in life". I know it sounds so "cliche", and it probably is. The phrase, that is. But I think why I put up with all the poop that goes along with this business, is for the moments that come in between.

This work is hard. Very time consuming and it can drain a mom, a wife, a friend. Even a sister. But today I was desiging a slidewhow that is going out to Mandy and Emily, future brides, (I hope) and in doing so, I had to pull images from previous weddings. I only chose images that I felt reflected my work, my style, my passion. Going back through the ones I chose, one thread was combined. I've often said, I love the "mushy stuff" in life. The kisses, the glances, the tears, the emotion. I think the mushy stuff is what drives us as human beings to connect with others and live. Most of the images I chose for the Sample Slideshow, were SURPRISE....the mushy ones. And what better place to share those than here, with you.

This first post of images is from a wedding I photographed in El Paso in 2004. The bride and groom were having a "moment" at their reception, when the evening was nearing the end and way after the couple's first dance.

I was standing in a doorway, just in the other room, and watched him and her go to the dance floor and just knew. I felt it. It's hard to explain but you do this job long enough, you feel the energy of the moment before it happens.

I loved this series! These two were so into each other, it was like me and all the guests were invisible! They were lost in the Celebration and really enjoying the "moment". To me, when I was standing there, I saw love. A total expression of love and happiness. I instantly felt good and happy, and great, (even though my feet were killling me) and the world really was this terrific place.











0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP