search this blog

Monday, April 13, 2009

the Boyd Family

It seems the only time families can get together is around a weekend and usually a Holiday Weekend.  Now, I'm usually spending my weekend with my family if I'm not shooting a wedding, but I couldn't resist photographing the Boyd Family this past Saturday.  I did so as an associate shooter for Mark McCall.  He needed the help and I had the time.


Problem was, it was 11 family members and 2 under the age of 2.  Definitely NOT my cup of tea.  AND to top it off, we had our first rain shower of the year at exactly the same time.  And sometimes you just gotta go with the flow.  So, I did.

But in doing so, it brought up some good points worth talking about.

Family session demand patience.  I love photographing a family that just hangs together and enjoys each other.  This family sure tried, but the wind and the cold got the best of us and I really didn't get to fully capture them as I would have loved.  Hear that Lisa?  I want another shot at these cuties.  I hope you guys had a wonderful Easter and thanks so much for braving the thunderstorm.
























I have to smile at this shot above of Casen.  He just wasn't having it.  Outside was miserable for him, but in the arms of his momma, FINE.  :)

1 comments:

ChristyPenn 2:57 PM  

All in a days work for PHOTOGS... Rain, wind, smiles and tears! You did a great job! Love the BW one- little guy by the pretty glass! The families will love them!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP