search this blog

Friday, September 05, 2008

I have a 15 year old

and she's absolutely adorable!

I took these of Miss Marie on our drive home from Dallas last weekend. We were taking the scenic route through Mineral Wells to visit the Barker Hotel. (more blogging on that later) We were about 45 miles from the turnoff to HW 84 when I found this old building with the BEST color and texture and I just had to turn around and shoot on it.

We've had a hard week. Kalyn (and Cooper) lost a friend this week. Kelsey Vines was killed in a tragic accident Tuesday, the day before Kalyn's birthday. It's hard to feel excited about being 15 when you and those around you are sad. Very sad.

I'm sitting at home, just returned from Kelsey's viewing and these pictures make me smile. Kelsey would like them. She LOVED photography and laughing.

Happy Birthday, Kalyn Maire.

We will miss you, Kelsey.





1 comments:

Sarah Holt 7:31 PM  

Happy Birthday Kalyn Marie! 15 is a good year.

Sweet friend, that's my town. The Baker is an awesome place. Lots of good history, yet in big need of some TLC. Next time you pass through, make sure you stop by the Famous Water Company and try some of the Crazy Water that made the Baker "Famous." I'm interested in what you have to blog about it.

Blog Archive

sitemeter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP