search this blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What makes a champion?


Today the season could end for 4 players.


Bethany
Ashley
Kirstie
Raelan

I think that's why I have butterflies in my tummy. I love photographing emotion, but that's NOT the emotion I want to photograph tonight. I don't want defeat. I don't feel done yet. I don't feel THIS is it. But I'm sure the other team, Breckenridge, is feeling butterflies as well. They too have seniors that could be playing their last game tonight as well. They will have pain if they lose, and tears and will cry. (The Libra in me always tries to see the other side.)

So, how does the winner "take it all"? Take the win, defeat and go on. If both teams are worthy, Lord, what makes a champion? What makes one team prevail above another? Of course, I ask him every day in prayer that his will be done. But today, while working on photographs for a bride, I googled the question as it was in my brain for at least 200 images.

What makes a Champion?

I found these in most of the results. These 4 traits. The 4 little tidbits of life to analyze and dissect and pray about.

Talent:
a power of mind or body considered as given to a person for use and improvement: so called from the parable in Matt. 25:14–30.

Courage: the quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, danger, pain, etc., without fear; bravery.

Tenacity (tenacious): holding fast; characterized by keeping a firm hold
to me that's "heart"

Mindset: an attitude, disposition, or mood


All these things must work together tonight, for our girls to prevail. So, as well as praying for His will to be done, today, before their game, I'm praying for the talent that he gave them, to shine forth, for that little voice of courage inside them, to come out and BE STRONG, for the heart inside, to give it's all and NOT QUIT. For their mindset to be in the game, of the game, and about the game. That everyone work together as ONE.

The butterflies are still there, but they are happy. :)

Of course, I'll post pictures.



1 comments:

Stu & Ali 12:47 PM  

Y'all are going DOWN tonight! :)

Blog Archive

sitemeter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP