search this blog

Saturday, August 26, 2006

the dairy capitol....


But I haven't seen any cows. Yet, I'm sure. HA!

I'm in Roswell, NM after a LONG drive over, (don't want to talk about it) for Macy and Mark's wedding. I met Macy through her Aunt Shauna, so last night was very emotional for many people on many different levels. For me? Just bittersweet in a way. I'm so excited for Macy and Mark, because these two are so sweet together. I just love watching them together and how happy they make each other.

But, you just can't help thinking, or maybe feeling a bit of sadness, like Shanna was missing. She should be here. Her entire family, (I think...met most of them last night at the rehearsal) is here. She should be too. I know she's here in heart and spirit and definitely in the faces of love that exist in this family, but in our physical beings, it's hard not to hurt sometimes. We miss each other when we are gone. And yes, we will be reunited as belivers in Christ. So we hold on to that and in little moments God surprises us, with a hug, a smile and most of all, he blesses us with each other.

There was plenty of "each other" last night! And both families totally embrassed me and made me feel warm and welcome!
















The rehearsal dinner was held at this lovely place by the church. Food was fabulous as was the coffee. Of course, I felt they were a bit stingy with the "bundles of greens" but I understand....mouths to feed and I could have eaten everyone of them! Yum!
















0 comments:

Blog Archive

sitemeter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP