search this blog

Friday, August 04, 2006

scrabble


My grandmother, Nana used to love scrabble! And she could kick my butt when we played almost every time. She even got out the lazy susan to play so all players would have the advantage of the right veiw of the board.

I have fond memories, (and not so fond ones) of playing games as a kid.

Life
Sorry
Scrabble
Monopoly
Operation
Parchezzi
Yahtzi

Games were just always a big part of a kids life back before cable and MTV. Also, being a child of divorce, I was home ALOT with my sister, alone. So we played. When family comes, we still play. Even more fun now because my girls can enjoy this tradition now, too.




2 comments:

Jodel Phillips 7:26 AM  

I have been a participant of games at the Bednarz household, and man they will "kick your butt". Pretty fun playing clue with to young girls and trying to figure out how they are beating you every darn time!

kristinbednarz 9:28 AM  

OH, that's right! Sorry about the butt kicking. But hey, even I can't hang anymore. Unless of course, we are playing trivia pursuit or some sort of "Scene It". Love those two!

Blog Archive

sitemeter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP