search this blog

Saturday, April 28, 2007

ginger + brett



YUM

That's really all I should say. YUM

I haven't posted much this week. Devin, my husband has been out of town and my girls are busy with spring sports, thus I'm "Taxi Mom" alone! Just last night, we had 2 softball games, and 2 basketball games. I didn't make it to bed until 2 AM and there was absolutely no drinking involved! Oh, my! How unfair is that?

I have hardly had any computer time this week and it shows! I'm behind! But I absolutely had to post my favorites from this couples session before I sit on another row of bleachers and surrender myself to the "bleacher butt" syndrome of pain.

I know Ginger because I know Ginger's mom, Candy. She's what I would call, "old school" portrait photographer. And I so admire her! I've known her for several years now and she "grew up" photographing Large Format portraits. She's digital now and loving it, but I so admire her work and art that she's created for others and around her home. (I'm still waiting on that print of the red door, Candy! I love that shot!)

Ginger and Bret are "tying the knot" this summer, at her Family Home (I love that!) and we needed some good portraits of these two, for the announcement and just because. I am thrilled to be a part of this, and honestly, downright flattered. Along with admiration of her work, Candy has the BEST taste in all the things I love, so if she's letting me snap the shutter at this wedding, I must know what I'm doing! HA!

We didn't have the "best of time" according to the Professional Handbook for Outdoor Photography. It was afterall, high noon. But I've broken a few rules in my time alive and since these two were just in town for a bit, this was it. Our time. I think we did very well together.




I love how the "family dog" just had to tag along with us!































Thanks you two! You did fabulous! I'll have the rest posted soon and will let "Mom" know.

Until June...

6 comments:

Jennifer Adling 5:57 PM  

Wow! I love these photos!!

By the way....Moutain Hideaway is having a sale...they had Keens on sale. I got me a pair of slides. Cant wait to break them in...super comfy!

Jodel Phillips 6:57 AM  

You always have the nicest looking people to photograph! Gorgeous photos! Love the purple flower one...of course I am partial to flowers!

Kerry Kern 7:01 AM  

Beautiful!!!

Jamie Pitman 8:56 AM  

Gorgeous!

kristinbednarz 9:08 AM  

Jennifer! They are? OH, wow...I should go get a new pair. Was checking out my soles and had a HUGE piece of bottle glass in one. It saved my foot, but gosh, really tore up the sole. That would have been a disaster with flip flops.

I love my keens!

Thanks, everyone for looking! Their wedding will definitely be a favorite of mine!

cristy cross 3:31 PM  

Kristin-who says you have to follow the rules. These are awesome!

Blog Archive

sitemeter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP