search this blog

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!




I'm at the in laws surfing the web and decided to post a Happy New Year's post.


I've been thinking alot of photography and where I want to go and do with this "hobby" of mine. I just love taking pictures, but do have to admit that the stress of deadlines, and Holidays and how everybody needs something NOW kind of gets to me. Add to that the stress of running another business on top of this one, and geez... I guess I can get a little cranky at times.

But I think the real thread underneath the stress is really simple, and mostly my fault.


Let me explain.


I love what I do.


Absolutely LOVE it. It is what I was created to do. I feel it in my bones and it's such a great feeling. But I must admit, it's not always easy.


Sometimes a photographer spends so much time at their computer editing, processing orders and handling the day to day needs and wants of their clients that they forget to take care of their family and friends that so bless them and fill them up during the year. I'm guilty of it and really want to make more time for family and friends this year. I know that's the key to keeping that cup 1/2 full.

Then of course as a women, we take on the guilt of letting someone down and then really start to hate ourselves and then we eat and stuff ourselves physically to fill up an emotionally created hole that we are mostly responsible for. It's so stupid.

We then find ourselves, usually late at night, checking out Oprah's website for tips on helping ourselves feel better. Reading Dr. Oz and hoping we are watching the first 5 ingredients.

geez...

pathetic if you ask me.

Instead, next time, I'm "at that place", I shall try my personal "feel good" favorite. No, not Coors Lite. I'm talking about Finding Nemo, folks. Next time you are feeling down, pop in this DVD and just find yourself chuckling at Dory and her short term memory loss.

Would you like a Root Beer Float?
hee hee
Happy New Year!



5 comments:

laurenclark 7:57 PM  

Kristin, this is so true. Give me three more years of this and then I might just retire and be a housewife. Sounds pretty good to me!

kristinbednarz 8:28 PM  

Oh, gosh...I just reread what I wrote and maybe it has enough humor not to frustrate everyone. But gosh, it's been a tough year. I"m ready for DWF and some fun! Don't get me wrong, I could never give this passion up, but I for sure need to monitor it a bit better.

Life is all about priorities, huh?

Lissa Anglin 9:28 PM  

For me it's coffee and chocolate...mostly at the same time, haha.

Stephanie 6:24 PM  

You absolutely are MY freak friend. :)

Through the Eyes of Kenda 7:07 PM  

I understand your frustrations...I never feel worthy. I think it's a mom thing BUT I do spend too much time on the computer and now that I have this new camera...oh man!! I need to put so much more effort into my family and my job. Just so you know...we all get it!!! Hang in there!

Blog Archive

sitemeter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP