search this blog

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Mr. and Mrs. Smith


January is most definitely a time of "lag" for us Wedding Photographers. There's just not a lot of romance in the month of January. Too much football. That's my theory. But I blew that theory back 16 years ago. I married Devin on Jan. 26, 1991 and I'm so glad I did. My life has been CRAZY and so full of changes, but it's been so GREAT and such a blessing, too.

So, when Mary Ann called me and asked if I would be able to photograph her wedding, of course I jumped at the chance! I LOVE weddings! And this one, was just one I'm so glad I got to be a part of!

It was wonderful. The groom expressed excitement upon seeing her in her gown. They laughed, they hugged, they touched, and they prayed. It was a simple and small ceremony. It consisted of the bride and groom, their "witnesses" , the minister and me. I was very excited to document this intimate event, but never expected that the minister would prefer that I NOT photograph the ceremony.

What? I'm sure my jaw dropped. I just never thought it would be a problem.

Yep. He asked me "are you going to be doing that the entire time?" as i took a shot of the couple in the prayer room laughing. Me? I just said, immediately, "not if you don't want me to." Which he replied, "no, not while this is taking place."

Well, I didn't photograph out of respect for his wishes. But when the heater kicked on, (and the noise filled the room) I shot a couple of frames, and then, when I had the chance to move during the blessing (and they knelt) I bolted for the back door and quickly changed lenses and did what I was hired to do. Document their day.

Congratulations you two! I'm so thrilled that you found love together at this journey in your lives. BEST WISHES!





















2 comments:

Kathleen 9:24 AM  

Sneaky, sneaky, Kristin!! Getting those photos during the ceremony, but I'm glad you did....she was beautiful in her gown and they look really happy!!

Through the Eyes of Kenda 6:56 AM  

I love the look on his face when he sees her in her dress...classic. These were so sweet they brought tears to my eyes. So glad they found happiness together in this time of their lives.

Blog Archive

sitemeter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP