search this blog

Friday, March 16, 2007

5 Things I would Like to Do in My Lifetime

We are currenntly in San Antonio with the girls on our First EVER Family Vacation! You know the kind? There's no Holiday involved, we arent' traveling to visit anyone and no tournaments for sports of any kind. Just a regular vacation. Complete with little sleep, awful beds and just plain fun.

The girls are down swimming in the pool and I realized it was FRIDAY and I needed to blog my "cyber sisters" topic of the week.


5 Things I would Like to Do in My Lifetime

  • photograph a wedding in Paris.
I don't know why, but this just seems like the ultimate wedding! A trip to Europe and photograph a bride and groom to boot! How cool is that? I've done weddings all over the US, even going to Boston in May, but Europe? It just seems too wild. Maybe?
  • Remodel our home.
I love our house. I really do. But it's old, the windows are awful and it seriously needs some work. We have kept putting it off and off due to other money committments. Devin and I are supporting an artist friend and there's just no money to do the things we would like to do. Somedays, I don't think it will ever happen, but I've been visualizing it and really trying to believe it is possible and that someday, I will have windows that are good, a place to park my car, and carpet that my vacuum doesn't "brush" or eat. LOL Oh, and my own personal space in my bathroom. Oh, and a closet larger than a coat closet! LOL
  • back pack through Europe
I have a plan to do this with Kalyn when she's older, after she graduates. Just her and me. (and do the same with Summer too.) But I would love to just have a backpack full of clean underwear and go travel Europe with a Rail Pass and not much else. We would just go where the train took us and see everything we want to see.
  • debt
Pretty self explanatory. But we have some medical bills hanging over our heads right now and a few credit cards due to investments in Rick and me, photography wise. It's manageable, but it sure would be nice to know the money I make is free and ready for doing what we would love to do. (redo house)
  • photos
This is a passion of mine and I'm a step closer to getting it done, but things are CRAZY at home photo wise, personally. Yep. It's a shame, but the pro in the family doesn't have an organizational system to her photos. I wish I did. Some day, I will. But my goal right now is to stay on top of printing what gets taken this year and putting them in photo albums. I went fully digital back almost 5 years ago and I have 1000's of personal photos stored on hard drives and DVD's. Ridiculous. This year, I started with Christmas and I'm printing personal photos out and sliding them into albums as I go. There is no storage in our old home, so I'm currently putting my albums on the floor of the dining room. No choice. But someday, I would like to have them organized. All of them!

That's 5 folks! I've taken a ton of photos while we've been here in San Antonio and I will share them soon! I'm currently on Kalyn's Ibook, so it will be just a bit.

ta ta

7 comments:

Jennifer Adling 4:27 AM  

rhose are good....I think the backpack trip sounds fun!!

Averi 12:07 PM  

JEnnifer is talking like Scooby Doo. "Rhose" are good.
I think the wedding in Paris would be awesome. Maybe you would need an assistant. Maybe she would be a cute brunette, mother of one with a great sense of humor. Maybe her initials would be A.L. Maybe....

Dustin and Allyson Wall 5:01 PM  

Averi - that sounds great to me since we'd be going off of "maiden name initials." HA HA! A wedding in Paris would be dreamy! And I'm with ya on the debt thing.

Kim 4:46 PM  

Those are great!! Something tells me you'll do all those things. Backpacking through Europe for sure would be the greatest...esp. with your daughters.

Who's not with you on the Debt thing...ughhhh!! That really should have been my #1 thing!! And the photos, I'm with you girl!! Great list

emily alexander 5:52 PM  

I feel you on the photos one. I think I'm going to begin to tackle ours this summer....ouch, my head hurts just thinking about it!

kristinbednarz 11:26 AM  

Oh, Emily. If you can, do it NOW! Something simple and easy before the baby comes. Something toally doable. I have ideas and the supplies lined up now, so I think it's doable from this point. But you are so like me in that 1000's of photos are there, somewhere, huh?

Kerry Kern 12:14 PM  

I love all of your goals and you will redo your house someday, I have been redoing my OLD home for 14 yrs and still have 2 more rooms to totally gut!! SO you can do it!!!

Blog Archive

sitemeter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP