search this blog

Friday, March 02, 2007

track meet



WOW! Kalyn's first track meet.

Cold.

Windy.

LONG.

She ran the 800, the mile and was supposed to triple jump, but that didn't happen. 6 hours for less than 20 minutes of running. Very long day!




This is Boo (aka Lauren Heinrich), after running her mile. She came in 6th and Kalyn came in 3rd with 6:48 as her time. Not sure of Boo's time, but these girls did soooo good. I was so proud watching Kalyn and her friends run.



I had grand expectations to take a ton of photos, but the wind and cold just got to me and I only pulled my camera out for the last hour or so. Next time, I promise more. It was 37 degrees and I kept having to pull the batteries out of my 5d to get them warm so they would register again! YIPES!











This is Claire, Kalyn's teammate on Lonestar and she goes to school in Shallowater. She ran the mile relay and came in first! Way to go Claire!!!



All of these were taken with my 50, @ 1600 ISO AV Mode, 1.2. Hope that helps!

4 comments:

Anonymous 8:18 AM  

Oh Kristin you did it again!...I'm reading along..lovin' the pictures....getting excited about the race...feeling the cold weather...and then you leave your photo specs and it's like the icing on the cake! I love it! Thank you!

Through the Eyes of Kenda 1:59 PM  

Can't believe Kalyn is in 7th grade...man, we are getting' old.

Averi 4:48 PM  

Why is it that the weather is always windy and gross during track meets? How does mother nature know? I hope that it is better for you next time. And GO KALYN!

Kendra 11:24 AM  

You capture such great moments!! I know your kids will have so many great memories with all the pics you take

Blog Archive

sitemeter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP