search this blog

Friday, September 01, 2006

cloudcroft new mexico


This will be brief and quick, but wanted everyone to know where I was over the weekend. We are on our annual Labor Day Warrior trip. We've been going strong for over 10 years, which is disbuted depending on who you talk too. But I've been going since Kalyn, my oldest was 2. It's so much fun to get together with these people and watch our kids grow and build memories. We always try to go down on Thursday and maybe get some sleep before the entire bunch hits. We stay at Waterfall Lodge which cooks us breakfast each and every morning, so we are pampered a bit, which is great when you are in the mountains.

We arrived late, almost 3:00 am Friday! Put the kids to bed and Devin and I stayed outside a bit to count the stars.




Devin will kill me for exposing this, but he doesn't read my blog anyway, so here it goes.


The man sleeps with a stuffed FOOTBALL. I'm not kidding. He even took it with him on our honeymoon. He swears it kept him from fumbling the ball during his football years in college. So, whatever. But here it is on our vacation. The girls think its funny and even goof around trying to play keep away. Sort of like a ritual now that he's had this thing for over 20 years.






4 comments:

Dustin and Allyson Wall 3:56 PM  

A stuffed football, huh? So, I probably shouldn't mention this the next time I see him?! Glad ya'll are having fun and getting away!!!

Anonymous 8:58 PM  

OMG! How can I not keep a tight lip on that one----but I will try my hardest--tough strong big man Devan w/a stuffed thing to cuddle w/@ nite hmmm should tell him suck it up like he tells Kayln when he had a nose bleed once @ a game. :)

kristinbednarz 7:38 AM  

Mel, isn't it hilarious! Funny thing is, both our girls sleep with "things" too. Kalyn a favorite blanket, just because she likes how it feels, and Summer, two stuffed animals. Funny thing, sleep habits.

so, no...you two should remain mum on this and only use it if the man is giving you grief.

HA!

Jodel Phillips 1:45 PM  

I can't believe you told!!! too humorous! I saw the ball before I read the words and thought...on vacation too!!! So if I sleep with a calendar...hmmmmm.

Blog Archive

sitemeter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP