search this blog

Friday, June 23, 2006

the lake house

Okay, so I'm waxing poetic here, but I'm such a sucker for a good romance. My good friend and cousin Elizabeth called me last night (while shopping in Target, no doubt...for a wedding gift. Which I found, Uno Attack. shhhhh...don't tell Trina.) Anyway, once in a while we get a wild hair and go watch a movie together. (Julie, if you are reading this, don't get angry. Check your call log. I tried to include you too!)

She wanted to see the Lake House, and so did I. It's one of those movies you have to see with girls, because if you are sitting next to my husband, he will ruin it for you. He will make fun of the romance, and try to make it a un-realistic, like say things, "Like that would ever happen.", and basically, just take away the goose bumps from the kiss scene.

So, I jumped at the chance to see a movie, kidless and no hubby.

I loved it. And I truly didn't think I would. You see, Eli and I, (that's what I call Elizabeth) have never chosen a real winner. Remember, Elizabethtown? Or Intolerable Cruelty? Both not our favorites. Both watched together. (Julie can vouch for that.)

But Lake House, broke the losing streak and quickly won my heart. You can't go into it being realistic or trying to figure out the time thing. You just have to take it for the romantic ride it is, and enjoy the trip and where it ends. The last scene, when he grabs her head and brings her lips, crushing into his. I gasped. And the goose bumps arrived!

Thanks Elizabeth! For the inviting and we should do that more often.

Go see the Lake House.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

sitemeter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP